Right now it is football, volleyball, girl scouts, boy scouts, band practice, etc, etc- time, which doesn’t exactly leave a lot of time for ANYTHING else, let alone planning an extravagent dinner for the family. This does not mean that you have to sacrifice taste though. If you are looking for a fun and delicious meal that the whole family can enjoy, then check out this fantastic recipe for “Sloppy Joe Di Maggios” courtesy of Rachel Ray and the Food Network!
Fortunately Branch Ranch Natural has special running to where you can receive a FREE 1lb package of Natural Ground Beef with an order of $49 or more!
Sloppy Joes anyone?!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin or ground turkey
- 1 packages beef or pork hot dogs, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 soft burger rolls – like at the ballpark
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and crumble as it browns. Add chopped hot dogs after 3 to 4 minutes then cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Add the onions to the pan and cook to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more. In a bowl mix the spices, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over the meat and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors. Slop onto buns and serve.